Friday, October 15, 2010

Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room: Yes.

Wednesday night was rather fun. It was the second band practice this week. We finished our fifth song. One more to go before our first show next Saturday. We're playing a party in . . . I don't know.
The set is as follows: Intro Song! (The "Halloween" theme disrupted abruptly by a discord to go along with the scary parts in a black and white horror movie after 50 seconds. Then, breakdowns, breakdowns, breakdowns for about a minute and a half), Thursday's Thirsty (3 minutes of Every Time I Die -esque groove and hardcore), That's An Excellent Question, Dude (Fives minutes. Extremely emotional outro. It sounds like Jesus.), Zombeh (heaviest song in the set. Lots of tricky keyboard.). And soon to be added, The Phantom of the Opera Was Evicted Last Week. I wrote this one. I also wrote all the piano for it. As well as the keyboard parts in Zombeh. I teach Luke the keys after I write them. The way we write our songs, usually Austin, David, and Luke go over the lyrics first. Then I come up with a riff. Then Austin and Joshua come up with rhythm. And Brien puts together a beat. And we just keep building from there.
I should probably get into the line-up.
David -vocals.
Luke -vocals/keys.
Austin -guitar/vocals.
Joshua -bass.
Brien -drums.
Me -Lead guitar.
Aside from our show next Saturday, we've lined up a Halloween show at a party in Dyer, and a bar gig in Steger on November 6 with some other local bands.We were rather pumped at first because we heard a rumor Oceano would be playing there that night. That would have been decidedly sick to open for Oceano.
But we learned they'll be there, just on different night. There will most definitely be more shows to come.
Ah, but alas, I'm loving my bandmates and loving the band. It's really an awesome experience. I see bright stars and good memories.

As Soon As We Die has a Facebook!
I can't provide a link because iPrism is the devil, but if you go home and type "As Soon As We Die" in your Facebook search bar, you should be able to find us.

Don't steal music, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment