We watched Toy Story 3 in Journalism today. This is the second time I’ve seen it. I cried the first time. Not joking.
Reason I cried: THE TOYS MIGHT NEVER SEE ANDY AGAIN! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!
Sadface.
I grew up on Toy Story. Along with lots of other television shows and movies aimed at the 4-year-old demographic.
Which is why Toy Story 3 is such an amazing movie.
I’m 14 now, and the last movie I cried watching was Toy Story 3 when it came out in theatres. I feel like such a loser. But it’s not my fault that this movie is so, epic.
It takes me back to 4 years old. It takes a lot of people back. It forces you to relive Toy Story and Toy Story 2. All the ties between Toy Story 3 to the first two movies can only be understood by people who saw the first two movies when they were fresh, years ago. And, being of the group who get Toy Story 3 and all the clever links to the earlier movies that make you cheer, I feel a certain amount of contempt to today’s toddlers. The same contempt one might feel for someone who takes their identity from them. It’s weird, I know. But little boys and girls who saw Toy Story 3, they can’t understand and laugh and love the same way as teens and grown-ups who saw the movies years ago. Of course those little boys and girls of today probably have watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on DVD, but it still isn’t the same. (I watched them on VHS.)
But I digress.
It’s all the moments that you remember and feel from your young, young youth when watching Toy Story 3 that make the movie perfect.
I own them on VHS. I bet some kids don't even know what "VHS" is.
ReplyDelete